What is the difference between hard water and soft water? Softened water will keep your plumbing, appliances, water heater, fixtures, dishes and shower doors scale free. It will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. And it will help you save money because your water heater and appliances will work more efficiently and you will use fewer detergents and soaps.
Here at Allen Curry Plumbing we offer the NuvoH20 Water Softening System!The NuvoH20 water softening system treats hard water in two ways:
- First, instead of removing calcium like traditional salt softeners, the NuvoH2O system chelates (binds) and sequesters (isolates) the calcium ions, preventing them from precipitating out and forming scale. Once bound to CitraCharge, the NuvoH2O chelant, the mineral cannot form scale.
- Second, NuvoH20 also lowers the measured pH of the water to reduce or eliminate scale formation.
NuvoH20 offers a wide variety of water softeners for any size of household.
Facts from NuvoH20.com
- “Hard” water: hard water contains significant levels of minerals like calcium and magnesium. The term “hard” comes from the difficulty in cleaning the SCALE and soap scum from these minerals in the water. These minerals are not normally harmful, but they can wreak havoc on your skin, hair, clothing, and linens and clog and corrode your home pipes, fixtures, and appliances, costing you thousands of dollars.
- For 30 years the NuvoH20 has been improving water for the nations largest food-service businesses. From amusement parks to Las Vegas casinos. Now the NuvoH20 comercial-grade technology is available for residential use.
- The average family of four can save over $2,000 per year with the use of a good water softner. The NuvoH20 costs 50% to 80% less than comparable water softening systems. Save money on plumbing, personal care items, clothing and linens, energy consumptions, soaps and cleaners, cleaning time, and water softener replacement.
- Plumbing: The lifespan of appliances such as water heaters, washing machines and dishwashers can be reduced by as much as 30% because of hard water. In addition, repair costs are higher for these appliances.
- Personal Care Items: Hard water can dry skin and hair because the minerals combine with the soap to form a sticky residue thats dificult to rinse away. With softened water hair and skin are smother and healthier looking without using as much lotions and conditioners.
- Clothing and Linens: Clothes last longer and look better when washed with softened water. The life of clothing can be prolonged up to 15% when washed in conditioned water. When detergents mix with hard water, they form lime deposits which can cause yellowing or graying of clothes. As the deposits accumulate, they contribute to fabric stiffening and matting.
- Energy Consumption: Water heaters work nearly 30% more efficiently when operating on softened water.
- Health Risks for Traditional water softeners: Traditional water softeners release sodium into the water to be consumed at the rate of 8mg of sodium for every grain of hardness removed from the water. Many Cities are banning the use of salt in softeners to stop its harmful effects on water treatment systems.
NuvoH20 Website (http://www.nuvoh2o.com/)